Code : PM:002
No. of Positions: 5
Location : Auburn Hills, MI- USA
Experience : 5 years
Qualifications : BTECH
Methodica puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry-leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trust us as a premier source of engineering talent and services. Engineering job seekers know Methodica as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism
Primary responsibilities include the design, development and maintenance of a dSPACE, System Test Bench. You may also need to support ETAS, NI simulators as well. Designing and developing control systems using modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB|Simulink|Simscape) along with developing and testing embedded C-code.Test Bench shall be used to verify ECU level and vehicle level requirements for electronic modules, products and systems. An electrical systems engineer that has experience with dSPACE Test Benches, Hybrid/Battery Electric Vehicles, Automotive Diagnostics, Vehicle Electronics, CAN Communications, Matlab/Simulink and the specification and validation of vehicle electronics requirements.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verify ECU-Level Functional requirements using a dSPACE systems test bench for various in-house ECUs
- Verify System-Level Functional requirements per system requirements using a dSPACE systems test bench
- Develop standard interface between various in-house test properties (Dynos etc.) and a dSPACE test bench
- Develop Test Scripts to automatically test ECU functional requirements for each ECU software release
- Develop Test Scripts to simulate real-world system conditions and failure modes associated with an system functions
- Embedded SW Development for Automotive Products (They use a proprietary OS and OSEK OS, so it doesn’t matter if the engineer has linux or windows experience), hands on knowledge on C or C++ programming
- Design and conduct functional and verification tests for electronic systems. Identify and mitigate major system failure modes and effects
- Electrically integrate connectors, sensors, actuators, electric motors, power electronics, vehicle control ECUs, battery management systems, battery chargers, DC/DC converters and Gensets into test facilities and vehicles.
- Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with engineering, manufacturing and service colleagues to insure test requirements are specified and implemented correctly.
- BSEE required, MSEE desired.
- Knowledge of Python, C, C++.
- Proficient with Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in Hardware debugging (HiL Perspective HW benches)-dSPACE (Control Desk|Automation Desk).
- Experience in bench setup – Wiring Harness
- Knowledge of dSpace, ETAS, NI systems and tools
- Experience with CAN network and various CAN tools
- > 1 year experience developing dSPACE Hardware/Control Software
- 3-5 years of automotive engineering/verification experience required.
- Ability to write the test scripts and test procedures
- Hybrid or electronic systems experience required
- Ability to work in a team environment and utilize others in the organization to deliver quality products