Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) is a process which lets the engineer quickly test and iterate their control strategies on a real-time computer with real input/output devices. Rapid Control Prototyping is a variant of Hardware-In-Loop (HIL). Rapid control prototyping is now the typical method used by engineers to:
- Develop and test their control strategies.
- Determine their IO counts -Inputs and Outputs- which would be needed to drive different loads for the system.
- Demonstrate prototype setup to the prospective customer without getting into expensive hardware and PCB designing.
- Ability to re-use the RCP hardware for multiple projects by simply building a new model.
- Perform dynamic mechanical analysis on the system.
Methodica Technologies can:
- Define a RCP system which would meet your project needs.
- Develop custom models in Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow to prototype and simulate the controller, thereby giving you the capability to do a proof of concept for your mechanical system driven by the simulated RCP controller.
- Integrate and automate your present and future HIL test bench test tools.